NEWLINE is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy sets out the personal data NEWLINE may collect about you and how NEWLINE will use and safeguard this. Your use of this website constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this policy, as may be modified from time to time.
Information Newline May Collect About You
NEWLINE may collect and process personal data about you, including:
- Information you provide when completing forms on this website or proposals for insurance.
- Information provided by you, your insurance brokers, intermediaries and professional advisers in obtaining insurance or presenting a claim under a policy.
- Information you supply in the course of pursuing a claim against a NEWLINE insured including, without limitation, information provided by your insurers, insurance brokers, intermediaries and professional advisers.
- Details of transactions you carry out with NEWLINE.
- Details of your visits to this website including, without limitation, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources you access.
The personal data NEWLINE may collect may include “sensitive personal data” including, without limitation, personal data consisting of information as to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, medical records, alleged criminal activity and criminal records.
Use of Personal Data
NEWLINE may use the personal data it holds and collects about you to:
- Provide you with information, products and services you request from NEWLINE.
- Underwrite and administer your policy.
- Undertake obligations arising out of or in any way involving contracts entered into between you and NEWLINE including, without limitation, assessing and processing claims under policies purchased from NEWLINE.
- Notify you of changes to NEWLINE’S services.
- Communicate with you in response to your enquiries, comments and suggestions. • Contact you when necessary.
Disclosure of Your Information
NEWLINE may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Who perform (re)insurance, business or professional or functions for NEWLINE including, without limitation, (re)insurance companies, (re)insurance brokers, professional advisers and other service providers.Involved in investigating, adjusting, defending and settling claims involving you or auditing including, without limitation, investigators, independent claims adjusters, professional advisers and other service providers.
- If it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case NEWLINE may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If NEWLINE or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by NEWLINE about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If it is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, to enforce or apply NEWLINE’S Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements or to protect the rights, property or safety of NEWLINE, its customers or others. Such includes, without limitation, exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of detecting and preventing insurance crimes, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
NEWLINE does not provide or sell your personal data to third parties for their commercial purposes, although it does provide personal data to third parties as described above.
NEWLINE may also disclose your personal data to any member of its group (which term shall include its subsidiaries, ultimate holding company and subsidiaries of its ultimate holding company, as defined in Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006). Information submitted to one office may be accessed, stored or processed by another office in another country in which NEWLINE or any member of its group has offices, including countries outside the European Economic Area.
Other than as described above, NEWLINE will keep your data confidential, safe and secure. Your personal data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for legal and regulatory purposes and for NEWLINE to meet its obligations to you.
This website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and NEWLINE does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check the policies prior to submitting any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
If you are located in the European Union, European data protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that legislation. In order to make a data access request, please email email@example.com. NEWLINE reserves the right to make a small charge to meet its costs in providing you with details of the information it holds about you where permitted by local law. If you consider any of the information NEWLINE holds about you is inaccurate, you may request that that NEWLINE corrects it.