We hope you are happy with every aspect of your interaction with Newline Group. If, however, you are in any way dissatisfied with any aspect of the service you have received from us, or you are otherwise unhappy with your interaction with Newline Group, please contact us in order that we may investigate the matter fully and deal with any dissatisfaction appropriately. You may make a complaint by telephone, letter or any other form of written communication.
Our contact details are:
FAO: Complaints Officer
1 Fen Court
London EC3M 5BN
- We will record your details and the nature of your complaint and acknowledge it in writing within two (2) business days.
- If your complaint can be resolved to your satisfaction within three (3) business days following receipt of the complaint, we will write to you with a complaint resolution and, where applicable, confirmation of any redress offered in satisfaction of your complaint within five (5) business days.
- We will investigate your complaint and revert to you as soon as possible, keeping you regularly updated as to the progress of the investigation as necessary.
- If we are satisfied that your complaint should be referred to another party to investigate, we will forward the complaint or the relevant part of the complaint to that party promptly in writing and issue you with a final response explaining why the complaint has been forwarded to another party and providing you with the other party’s contact details.
- We will, within two (2) weeks of receiving a complaint, send you either a summary resolution communication letter or a letter stating that our investigation is ongoing and explaining why we are not yet in a position to resolve the matter and when we are likely to provide a decision on your complaint.
- If your policy is with Newline Underwriting Management Limited and you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer to your complaint to Lloyd’s, who will investigate and assess the complaint. Lloyd’s contact details are as follows:
One Lime Street
London EC3M 7HA
- Additionally, if you are an eligible complainant with a policy underwritten by Newline Underwriting Management Limited or Newline Insurance Company Limited, you may also refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) should you wish to do so. We will send you a leaflet explaining how to do this. The use of the FOS does not prejudice your legal rights.
- If you are not happy with the outcome of our investigation once we have issued you with our final response, and if you are an eligible complainant, you will be able to refer your complaint to the FOS. Again, a leaflet will be provided at the relevant time explaining how.
- You are an ‘eligible complainant’ if you are ‘a consumer, a micro enterprise or a charity or trust(ee) with an annual income or asset value respectively for the latter two, of less than GBP 1 million’.
- A ‘micro enterprise’ is defined as ‘an enterprise which: (a) employs fewer than ten (10) persons and has a turnover or annual balance sheet that does not exceed EUR 2 million.’
For further information on referring a complaint, and to help you decide if you are an eligible complainant please contact the FOS at:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
London E14 9SR