Use of this Website
Except as otherwise stated, Newline Group (“Newline”) does not collect data containing confidential or personally identifying information (also referred to as Personal Data, Sensitive Personal Data and Confidential Personal Information and, collectively, “CPI”) from visitors to this website, unless provided by the visitor or the visitor’s browser. Newline has adopted policies to protect the confidentiality of your CPI, including national insurance / social security numbers, and to limit access to those with a need to know such information. Newline will not use information provided through your use of this website, except to respond to direct enquiries or to measure traffic and traffic trends at this website. Newline does not provide or sell any of this information to third parties.
Visitors to this website should be aware that Newline may collect information using cookies or similar technology. Cookies are small files that are written to visitors’ computers or mobile devices when they visit a website. Visitors’ browsers send the cookies back to the website every time they re-visit the website, in order that it may recognize them or for record keeping purposes. Visitors may opt-out of receiving cookies by changing their browser settings.
Newline reserves the right to change its policy regarding cookies and the collection of information from visitors to this website at any time without advance notice. Should any new policy be put into effect, Newline will post it on this website and the new policy will apply only to information collected thereafter. Any such policy will permit visitors to “opt out” of the collection of CPI.
Information Collected, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
Newline limits the collection, disclosure and use of CPI to only what is needed to properly produce, quote, underwrite, service and administer its insurance and reinsurance products and / or to fulfill legal or regulatory requirements and includes, but is not limited to:
- producing business.
- quoting, underwriting and renewing insurance and reinsurance products.
- policy administration.
- claims administration, adjusting and management.
- fraud detection, investigation, prosecution and prevention.
- loss control.
- other purposes outside the insurance lifecycle that are necessary for the provision of insurance throughout the insurance lifecycle period.
- business activities that Newline may legally undertake.
The way insurance works means that CPI provided to us may need to be shared with and used by a number of third parties in the insurance sector, including our group companies, agents, brokers, other insurers, reinsurers, loss adjusters, professional advisers, regulators, law enforcement agencies, fraud and crime prevention and detection agencies and compulsory insurance databases. The London Insurance Market Core Uses Information Notice, which may be accessed via https://www.londonmarketgroup.co.uk/gdpr, sets out those core necessary CPI uses and disclosures. Our core uses and disclosures are consistent with the London Insurance Market Core Uses Information Notice, and we recommend you review this notice.
We will only disclose CPI in connection with the insurance cover we provide and to the extent required or permitted by law or regulation.
Newline does not sell information to any third parties and does not use it for marketing any of its insurance products.
Data Newline May Collect About You (Your CPI)
In order for us to provide (re)insurance quotes, (re)insurance products and / or deal with any claims or complaints, Newline needs to collect and process CPI. The types of CPI that are collected and processed may include:
- Individual Details – Name, address (including proof of address), other contact details (for example, email address and telephone numbers), gender, marital status, date and place of birth, nationality, employer, job title, employment history and family details, including their relationship to you.
- Identification Details – Identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies, including your national insurance / social security number, passport number, tax identification number and driving licence number.
- Financial Information – Bank account or credit / payment card details, income or other financial information.
- Risk Details – Information about you which Newline needs to collect in order to assess the risk(s) to be (re)insured and provide a quote. This may include data relating to your health, criminal convictions or other special categories of CPI. For certain types of products, this could also include telematics data.
- Policy Information – Information about the quotes you receive and policies you take out.
- Credit and Anti-Fraud Data – Credit history, credit score, sanctions, criminal offences and information received from various anti-fraud databases relating to you.
- Previous and Current Claims – Information about previous and current claims (including other unrelated insurances), which may include data relating to your health, criminal convictions or other special categories of CPI and, in some cases, surveillance reports.
- Special Categories of CPI – Health, criminal convictions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric or data concerning sex life or sexual orientation.
Where Newline Might Collect Your CPI From
Newline might collect your CPI from various sources, including:
- your family members, employer or representative(s);
- other insurance market participants;
- the internet;
- credit reference agencies;
- anti-fraud databases, sanctions lists, court judgments and other databases;
- government agencies;
- the open electoral register; or
- in the event of a claim, third parties, including other partiy/ies to the claim (claimant / defendant), witnesses, experts (including medical experts), loss adjustors, attorneys and claims handlers.
Which of the above sources apply will depend on your particular circumstances.
Safeguarding Your Privacy
Newline is committed to protecting your privacy. Newline maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your CPI from unauthorized access. Newline reviews its policies and practices, monitors its computer networks, tests the strength of its security and monitors its compliance with relevant laws and regulations in order to help it ensure the safety of your CPI.
Access to CPI is limited to those employees and authorized representatives, attorneys and service providers who specifically need such information to conduct their business responsibilities. If you conclude your relationship with Newline, Newline will continue to safeguard your privacy in accordance with the standards described in this Privacy Statement.
All employees of Newline are required to comply with this Privacy Statement. Employees who violate this Privacy Statement are subject to disciplinary measures.
Newline cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other CPI will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Privacy Statement. For example, Newline may be forced to disclose information to the government, to regulators having jurisdiction, on the order of a court of competent jurisdiction, in response to a statutory obligation or, under certain circumstances, to third parties. In addition, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Newline can (and you authorize Newline to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as Newline, in its sole discretion, considers necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements or other activity that is illegal or may expose Newline to legal liability.
Newline may use affiliated companies and / or service providers located outside of the European Union to process and store CPI. Those transfers would always be made in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. If you would like further details about how your CPI would be protected if transferred outside the EEA, please contact Newline’s Data Protection Officer as indicated below.
Accessing Your CPI
You have the right to access your CPI that is in Newline’s possession or under its control in order to verify the accuracy and completeness of the CPI. To request access, please send your written request to Newline’s Data Protection Officer as indicated below. Newline will respond to your request within thirty (30) days or advise you if additional time is required to respond to your request.
There may be situations in which Newline is legally prohibited from allowing you access to your CPI. If this is the case, Newline will advise you of why, subject to any legal restrictions.
Please note that in certain circumstances, such as manifestly unfounded or excessive requests, a reasonable processing fee may apply or Newline may refuse to act on your request.
Rectification and / or Erasure of Your CPI
If you believe that any of your CPI is incorrect, you may request that it be amended. Newline will amend CPI that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete and will make reasonable efforts to advise other parties to whom Newline has supplied your CPI of corrections that are needed.
In certain circumstances, you may be entitled to erasure of the CPI Newline holds about you. If you wish Newline to erase your CPI from its systems, you may request that it be deleted.
To request that your CPI be rectified and / or erased, please send your written request to Newline’s Data Protection Officer as indicated below. Newline will respond to your request within thirty (30) days or advise you if additional time is required to respond to your request.
There is no charge for rectifying and / or erasing CPI from Newline’s systems.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, Newline’s data protection practices or your dealings with this website, you can contact Newline’s Data Protection Officer via:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
55 Mark Lane
Tel: +44 (0)20 7090 1700 (request the Data Protection Officer)
Fax: +44 (0)20 7090 1701
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority/ies which, in the United Kingdom, is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Newline appreciates your questions and comments about its website and services and welcomes your email messages to mailboxes listed on this website. Newline will share your messages with those within its group that are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message. Newline will keep a copy of your message until it has had an opportunity to address your concerns. Newline may archive your message for a certain period of time or discard it, as appropriate.
Newline operates through various service companies outside of the United Kingdom. Their Privacy Policies may be accessed as follows:
Australia – Newline Australia Insurance Pty Ltd;
Malaysia – Newline Malaysia Limited; and
Singapore – Newline Asia Services Pte. Ltd.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time. Please check this website for any amendments and for the current version of this Privacy Statement.
Last Updated: 06 June 2018